Getting Your Residency - Gold Coast Aruba | Aruba luxury villasGold Coast Aruba | Aruba luxury villas

Getting Your Residency

Getting Your Residency

Extended stay for homeowners

All visitors to Aruba with proof of identity and a valid retour ticket may stay up to six months in a calendar year.

If you own a home, your visa can also be extended beyond the six months in a calendar year, if you can show Immigration Department of Aruba that you own a house and have a valid retour ticket. Each petition is handled by Immigration on a case-to-case basis, and the permit is granted based on merits.

Retire To Aruba

If you plan to come to live in Aruba as a pensioner or retiree, you could become eligible for the special admission ruling of DIMAS (Department of Immigration and Naturalization Services of Aruba). Both requests are the same, except, that to become illegible for the admission as pensioner you have to be 55 years old. As a retiree you have to be 21 years and older. To become eligible, the following are the prerequisites:

  • You have to be older than 55 years as a pensioner.
  • Proof of a gross income, from pension or other legal source, of minimum $ 56,200.00 per year. As retiree, bank references that applicant is financially self-supporting or any other proof that applicant will not become a burden to the Government or the community.
  • Fill in 2 copies of the petition forms, obtained at DINA office.
  • Show proof of payment of these two forms.
  • Valid passport and identity documents.
  • 2 identical pass photos.
  • Certificate of conduct “police record” from the country of origin or from the country where of residence of the past ten years.
  • Official birth certificate.
  • Medical certificate not older than one month, certifying that applicant does not suffer from any contagious disease or mental illness, like HIV, VDRL, TBC. The HIV certificate is not compulsory for children under the age of ten and or for Dutch nationals.
  • Proof of both health and accident insurance.
  • Proof through a notary deed of ownership of an adequate house on Aruba.

Before the permit is granted a deposit must be paid, which varies from country to country.